What Do We Live For? Dreams :D

Post a comment! Com'on dun be Shy!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I've Been Listening To... ...

Quite some time since I posted anything on albums so here are a few that tide me through the exams and work... ...


元卫觉醒: 幸福下载

This was an album which I never expect myself to listen to due to the lack of publicity for being a not so lime light band. Anyways, the album was a totally new experience to me, an extension of rock from listening to Beck's Album then. It really cheers up your mood with the funny (yet realistic) lyrics and light hearted rhythm. Makes me younger a few years, haha... *Recommend Tracks: 4, 6 and 10


蔡淳佳: 有一天我会

I'm no doubt a local supporter (minus the "cockroach" beating singer...etc), so I try to listen to even the not so popular picks. She no doubt has an easy to differentiate voice and good techniques as well from her Ark Lounge Base. But I personally feel that that is also the problem of her albums. The songs are soothing, not too strong on any aspects. If any, it will most closely resemble older chinese pop. I like her voice though, maybe she just hadn't has the luck to get a great producer. Anyways, the album is great for nights and relaxation. *Recommend Tracks: 3, 7 and 9.


张敬轩: a.m./p.m (香港特别版)

This was another one of my "try it out" albums. Being not very famous locally, he is fairly famous in China clinching two consecutive years of most welcome male artist. Attracted to him from the early songs such as "My Way" till the recent "无能为力", I attempted to listen to this full album. The first half of the album (A.M) was rather ok, with a nice intro. The second half (P.M) was too much for me to comtemplate. It's a combination of electric pop and hmm.... new age? Couldn't get into it no matter how hard I tried. So I only listened to the first half of the album and the last track "Blessing" which I like alot... haha. *Recommend Tracks: 5, 6 and 12.


孙燕姿: 完美的一天

Another local favourite. No doubt her career has taken leaps and bounds since her 1st album. Her new album presents much more surprise than her previous one. I like every song of it. Less pop, more bite, less conventional. There's just something to her voice that captures each song well. Some might not agree, but nevertheless, this is one of her albums that I like since her 1st one. *Recommend Tracks: 4 and 7


梁静茹: 丝路 - 通往爱的路途

I listened to this album at a later date although it came out before Stephanie's album. Reason so was because I was dampened by the songs I heard on tv which were used for the local drama serials. Its like picture+sound effect, the picture ruined the sound, lol... Luckily I overheard the song "我还记得" on radio (not used for any local drama serial) and was once again captivated to listen to the album. The album proved to be quite pleasant. Although it followed the previous one where its rock+romantic ballads (so there was not much surprise), but I still like the way she handles the songs. If anyone was affected by the drama serials like me, I hope you will give this album a second chance. Its really good (although I still didn't like Track 1, haha). *Recommend Tracks: 2, 6 and 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home